Chicken tonight? Rely on our all-star roundup of popular curry chicken recipes for creative twists on familiar favorites. These 5 Best Curry Chicken Recipes that you can try to make curry chicken at home.
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipes
Jamaican Curry Chicken is hot, rich and hearty with flavor that is terrific. Jamaican Curry Chicken is just one of the favorite dishes of Jamaicans. If you’re currently looking for the real Jamaican-style curry chicken attempt our easy-to-follow recipe. This is healthy chicken recipes.
- 3lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 medium 1, 5 sprigs thyme, 5 cloves crushed garlic, two scotch bonnet pepper, 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons salt to flavor
- Lemon or lime juice
- 1 small diced potato (optional)
- 1 cup water
How to Make jamaican curry chicken Recipes:
- Clean, skin,and cut chicken in small pieces,then wash with lemon or lime juice
- Drain, season with curry, onion, thyme, garlic, all spice (pimento), black peppers, salt and let marinate for awhile. Suggestion: Set aside onion garlic and all spice for a seasoning whilst cooking.
- In a skillet pour tablespoon of oil. Let oil warmth.
- Add the chicken & seasoning
- Gently brown the chicken & simmer for 5-7 minutes at the skillet
- Add scotch bonnet pepper and water. Let cook for 25 minutes or until done.
Suggestion: Add the seasoning that is second 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
Read: Floating Shelves Ideas
Curry Chicken Recipes
In this family-friendly Indian dish, thinly sliced chicken breasts are sautéed with curry powder and simmered in an aromatic sweet curry sauce garnished with Greek yogurt. You’ll have it on the table in 30 minutes — or at the time it takes to create some rice and Curried Roasted Carrots– along with the cooking method makes certain that the chicken comes out reliably tender each time.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 tsp curry powder, split
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, best quality such as Swanson
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas (no need to thaw)
- 1/4 cup plain low fat (2%) or entire Greek yogurt (don’t use nonfat)
How to Make Curry Chicken Recipes:
- Stir the chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp curry powder.
- Heat 1-1/2 tbsp of oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until lightly browned but still pink in spots. Transfer the chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and set heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, garlic and remaining teaspoons curry powder and cook until aromatic, about a moment longer.
- Whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch together to dissolve the cornstarch, then add to the skillet along with the sugar and 1/8 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and partly cooked chicken to the skillet, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, a couple of minutes. Stir in cilantro and the yogurt; then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with basmati rice.
Thai Curry Chicken Recipes
This is an easy, foolproof Thai chicken curry recipe. The water chestnuts add a crunch that is beautiful, but should be inserted in the end so they stay crispy.
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 x 400g tins full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- 1 lemon grass stalk, bashed (see tip)
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 250g/9oz sugar snap peas, cut in half lengthways
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Thai Chicken Curry Recipes:
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and then into long pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the sunflower oil in a frying pan, put in the chicken pieces and fry until cooked through — you may have to do this in batches. Transfer the cooked chicken pieces.
- Add the remaining oil and fry the onions. Cover with a lid, lower the heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes to soften.
- Increase the heat and then add the ginger together with the Thai curry paste and fry for a moment. Pour the flour and combine with the fish sauce and sugar, adding a bit at a time. Stir the mixture and bring to the boil.
- Add the lemon grass and lime leaves and season. Return the chicken to the pan, return up to the boil and then cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, cook the sugar snap peas in boiling salted water for two minutes, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Remove and lime leaves out of the curry and then discard.
- If warm and chilled in the refrigerator, it is possible to produce the curry up to a day beforehand, adding water chestnuts and the freshly cooked peas just.
- Kept in a freezer proof container or purse, this dish freezes snap peas and water chestnuts; add these to the curry after reheating.
- The flavour of grass is wonderful, however, the stalk takes a long time. Before adding it to the curry I prefer to bash it with a rolling pin.
Red Curry Chicken Recipes
This red curry chicken is as easy as cooking has. After making the miraculously simple Coconut Curry Noodle Soup recipe a few months before, I understood what a ingredient is. It provides a lot of flavor with minimal effort—-emphasis on minimal. This recipe contains fewer than 10 ingredients, takes under a half hour to make, and it is a 1 pot meal worthy of any weeknight.
Read: DIY Craft Ideas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small bunch choy amount or baby bok choy
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
How to Make Red Curry Chicken Recipes:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil over moderate high heat in a skillet. Add ginger and the garlic and simmer for 1 minute. Add the paste and fry for another minute.
- Turn up the heat to high and add the chicken. Is browned, and pour in the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and Season to taste with salt. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir in the choy sum. Cook until the sum is wilted and stir in the cilantro.
Chinese Curry Chicken Recipes
I have been producing this Chinese Curry Chicken for many years and it continues to be our family favorite. My mom used to make chicken when I was growing up, but hers was different. She utilized coconut milk plus it had a different taste to it.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 new red hot chile pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- One 13 1/2-ounce can coconut milk, well-intentioned
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- Steamed white rice, for serving
How to Make Chinese Curry Chicken Recipes:
- In a medium bowl toss the chicken with the soy sauce and cornstarch until it’s evenly coated. Put aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, chile pepper and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and bring to a boil.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over heat. Till they are pink, add simmer 5 to 8 minutes, and the chicken pieces, stirring to separate them.
- Gently pour the curry sauce and then make it to a simmer. Add the peas and bamboo shoots and simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes when the chicken is cooked through entirely. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve the chicken curry white rice over.